Wish this page included upcoming events for your business/ organization/ meetup group/ club?
Coffee & Conversation: Austin’s REACH Carbon Pricing Plan
April 24 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Austin’s REACH (Reduce Emissions Affordably for Climate Health) is approaching its 1 year anniversary, and we have data for 2020 showing great success. Join Matt Weldon, Commissioner on the Electric Utility Commission and CCL volunteer, as he discusses carbon pricing at work for the 7th largest public utility and its community.
Our presenter will speak for 15 to 20 minutes, then we’ll have an informal Q&A session and discussion for the remainder of the event. This event is held online on Zoom.
Please RSVP on Eventbrite to receive the Zoom access information.
Some of our past Coffee and Conversation topics have included:
- Psychology of Climate Change: Shifting to a mindset of hope
- Carbon taxes in other countries
- Environmental racism
- Climate legislation in Texas
- History of Texas weather
- Renewable energy
- Infrastructure and climate mitigation
- The business case for sustainability
- How to handle difficult conversations about climate change