09 Mar 2nd Annual Women’s Clothing Swap- SUCCESS!
I just love win-win-win-win-win-win kinds of events, and the 2nd Annual Austin Women’s Clothing Swap was just that! With this one event:
- Over 500 Austin women got to update their wardrobes for free – super valuable in a tough economy
- Onsite seamstresses adjusted swap finds so ladies could go home with personalized fits
- We got to shake our booties and enjoy the melodies of numerous musical and drumming performers throughout the day
- Dozens of ladies got free hair trims from Supercuts
- Approximately 1 ton of clothing for Safeplace
- Fun raffle drawings highlighted generous local businesses
- Raised over $4,000 for Women for Women International and the Feminist Action Project
- Lots of bedding was collected for the animals at Emancipet.
You can stay in the loop about the latest happening’s with the Austin Women’s Swap by joining the Facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/