America’s trails, parks, and outdoor spaces are universally beloved… but it takes a lot of work to keep them in tip top shape. That’s where National Trails Day
On June 2nd, thousands of Americans will come to together to volunteer their time in improving 2,802 miles of trails. (That’s about the distance from the east to west coast!)
How can you participate?
There are many local events and volunteer opportunities that are being held in honor of National Trails Day, including:
- 365 Days Of Hiking Celebrates One Year (Barton Creek Greenbelt cleanup)!
- Pease Park Conservancy – help maintain and preserve the Shoal Creek Hike And Bike Trail
- Williamson Creek East Nature Trail – join the official opening of Williamson Creek East Greenbelt Nature Trail
- Adopt-A-Park Workday! Spyglass Trailhead to the Barton Creek Greenbelt – complete the connection from the new trailhead to the Violet Crown/Barton Creek Trail
- National Trails Day – Heritage Oaks Neighborhood Park – join the Texas Conservation Corps and the Austin Watershed Protection Department as they construct a new trail in Heritage Oaks Neighborhood Park
- National Trails Day Cleanup At Willowbrook Reach – help pick up trash along the creekbed
- Adopt-A-Park Workday at Onion Creek Greenbelt – help pick up trash and remove invasive species
- Celebrate National Trails Day At The Veloway – help paint sign posts, rake leaves, and plant gardens at this popular Austin biking trail
- Cycleast Lockhart Bike Camping Trip – enjoy an 83-mile biking trip through Lockhart for some barbeque