Wish this page included upcoming events for your business/ organization/ meetup group/ club?
- This event has passed.
Protect our Parks: Interactive Advocacy Workshop
December 13, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm
Climate change is the biggest threat facing our national parks. While national parks are warming at twice the rate as the rest of the country, through swift and comprehensive climate action, we can reverse course and protect our treasured places, communities and planet.
In this interactive workshop, we will build and develop your advocacy skills and make the civic process approachable.
We will cover:
- How to craft a compelling personal narrative that can influence and inspire decision makers;
- Hear from park advocates about their experience speaking up for parks;
- What harmful impacts to our national parks are caused by methane and other greenhouse gases;
- Background on the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) proposed safeguards to cut methane and other harmful pollutants from new and existing oil and gas operations, and;
- Practice outlining and sharing compelling messages.
We have an opportunity to protect our parks from further climate -related damage by speaking up now! The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has proposed safeguards to cut methane emissions from existing oil and gas operations across the country, a strong first step in curbing climate pollution. The public comment period for the proposed rule is open now and we must urge EPA’s to develop even stronger regulations on methane emissions.
- Ean Thomas Tafoya, Colorado State Director, GreenLatinos
- Saad Amer, NPCA Next Gen Council Member
- Don Schreiber, NM rancher, long-time methane advocate
Join us and craft your own message that can be used in countless ways!