Wish this page included upcoming events for your business/ organization/ meetup group/ club?
- This event has passed.
A Conversation on Regenerative Agriculture
November 12, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Hosted by the Food & Tech Austin –
Our next Food+Tech Meetup will feature a conversation about regenerative agriculture: its definition, how we measure success, what tools and technologies are being employed, how incentive structures need to change to support it, and where we see this mode of farming taking us. Importantly, our panel of experts will dive into the hard questions about how regenerative agriculture can not only save the planet, but function as a business too.
– [Policy] Edwin Marty, Food Policy Manager at City of Austin
– [Technology] Billy Marcus, CEO of Marcus Technologies
– [Producer / Grower] Tina and Orion, Founders of TerraPurezza
– [Moderator] Brittany Solano, Vice President at Jones-Dilworth
The Meetup will be held at the offices of JDI, a boutique consultancy that brings emerging and science-driven technologies to market. JDI’s clients are working to fundamentally improve how the world operates. We help them define new concepts and categories, identify the right market opportunity, and grow…. fast. In short, we tell stories about science.
JDI has a food and agtech practice area focused on the invisible forces that shape our food system – from agronomic data to soil microbiomes.
Organizer Comments —————-
We will have snacks as well as alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks!
6:30 pm – Networking
7:00 pm – Welcome & Intros
7:20 pm – Presentation
8:20 pm – Q&A, Networking
Our Sponsors —————–
– JDI (https://www.jones-dilworth.com/)
– Andrew Eisenberg, Partner at Lee & Hayes, PLLC (https://www.leehayes.com/professionals/161/andrew-eisenberg). Andrew has extensive experience in both corporate and intellectual property matters making him the perfect attorney to assist businesses in navigating the complex legal landscape associated with starting a business, developing strategic IP assets, raising capital, and planning for an exit. Andrew draws on wide-ranging expertise gained while working with businesses ranging from start-ups to companies on the Fortune 500 list. He has a clear vision of how businesses small and large develop legal strategies to protect themselves and increase intrinsic value.
– ePac Flexible Packaging (www.epacflexiblepackaging.com) Established in 2016, ePac is the first flexible packaging supplier in North America based entirely on the latest in digital printing technology. Growing rapidly with sales and manufacturing sites across the US, Europe, and Canada, ePac’s plant in Austin, TX opened in June 2019, with a mission to support the greater Austin community and CPG brands of all sizes that reside here.
– Aspire Food Group (http://aspirefg.com/) We are global industry leaders in the edible insect movement.
– Little Herds (http://www.littleherds.org/, IG & TW: @LittleHerds) Little Herds educates and empowers communities, both locally and globally, to support and promote the use of insects for food and feed as an environmentally sound and economically viable source.
– Ungrocery (https://ungrocery.com/, IG & TW: @ungrocery) Ungrocery is a marketplace for local food. We empower consumers to purchase directly from the people actually growing, raising, or producing their food. Tim Felz; Cofounder; email@example.com; 706-267-8569
– Pearson Strategy Group (https://pearsonstrategy.com/) PSG helps companies accelerate product development through patent, market, and technology research. We are experts in global patent research and monitoring. Pearson Strategy Group clients include legal teams, companies, and innovators across various software and technology fields.