Wish this page included upcoming events for your business/ organization/ meetup group/ club?
- This event has passed.
Stitch Together: Virtual Embroidery Workshop Series
June 30 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
One event on June 23, 2020 at 7:00 pm
One event on June 30, 2020 at 7:00 pm
Join textile artist Niku Arbabi and Austin Creative Reuse in a virtual community workshop and meetup exploring hand stitching and embroidery. We’ll share techniques for stitching on different materials, transferring designs, and share work.
You may add an ACR embroidery kit to your class fee for an additional $5 or you can refer to the supply list if you have supplies on hand at home.
This class is designed for participants 14 years, absolute beginner level and up!
This is a continuous, three-part series, taking place on the following dates:
- Tuesday, June 16th – 7PM-8:30PM
- Tuesday, June 23rd – 7PM-8:30PM
- Tuesday, June 30th – 7PM-8:30PM
Your ticket purchase gives you access to all three dates.
The series will be held on Zoom. We recommend using a computer to better see small details but it can be accessed from a smartphone or tablet as well.
Guidelines for our virtual workshops
- You will receive a registration email with the meeting link and access info on the day of class so it’s easy to find
- Please download the Zoom app and make sure you’re able to log on in advance of class
- Find a quiet spot to attend, ideally where you can close the door
- Gather the materials you’ll need (refer to supply list or grab your ACR kit) ahead of class
Niku Arbabi is an Austin fiber and textile artist exploring the overlap of practical empowerment and creative expression, blurring the line between “Art” and “Craft” in sewing and fiber art. Through her creative practice and teaching of garment sewing, hand embroidery, textile printing, and modern quilting, she connects traditional and modern handcraft. Principles of reuse and the slow fashion movement inform all aspects of her practice.
You can find her current work and virtual classes offerings at www.xostitches.net