Wish this page included upcoming events for your business/ organization/ meetup group/ club?
- This event has passed.
Black Austin Coalition Community Discussion Series: Building A Black Embassy
July 10 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
|Recurring Event (See all)
One event on June 17, 2021 at 6:00 pm
One event on July 10, 2021 at 11:00 am
The Community Discussion will be used to educate the Austin community regarding the passing of the City of Austin’s Resolution NO. 20210304-067 (Agenda Item 67) that calls for Restitution for Black Austinites and the creation of a Black Embassy.
Participants will be able to learn about the process and purpose of the resolution and allowed time for questions, expression and discussion. Registration Survey is required for participation. Virtual will be available.
The “Action Item” from these discussions is to gather data to inform and support what “we” as the community expect the Black Embassy to be.
The data we are collecting will be used to capture important information that will help facilitate support for the work we are doing. Thanks in advance for you cooperation.
- Saturday, May 1 11am-1pm (RESCHEDULED TO JULY 10)
- Thursday, May 20 5pm-7pm
- Saturday, June 5 12pm-2pm
- Thursday, June 17 6pm-8pm
- Saturday, July 10 11am-1pm
What to expect:
- Upon arrival you will be greeted
- We will verify your registration/or register you on site (there is a survey involved)
- Light snacks/finger food will be available
- You will be assigned a number associated with a group
- You will be seated in your respective group
- The Community Discussion will begin with an opening from our moderator who will explain the process and all introductions
- There will be a brief presentation on
- Each group will be in a section with 2 guides (to facilitate the conversation and take notes)
- Groups will be asked 4 questions around “the people” and groups will discuss so every voice can be heard
- Group discussion will be concluded
- Closing comments
- Event end